Watch how eTwinning can support your international journey
Erasmus+ offers schools funding for life-changing international activities. €36 million is proposed for UK schools in 2019, up from €30 million in 2018.
Through the funding:
- pupils can take part in international exchanges and study experiences to develop new skills, raise their aspirations and gain vital international experience
- staff can teach, train or job shadow abroad - to develop their professional practice, build relationships with international peers and gain fresh ideas
- schools can collaborate with international partners - to drive innovation, share best practice, and offer new opportunities to young people.
As part of the Erasmus+ programme, eTwinning plays an important part in giving schools access to this funding for life-changing international activities.
eTwinning is a free and secured online community, with over 600,000 schools and colleges from over 40 countries taking part. Through the eTwinning website, you can find partner schools abroad for Erasmus+ projects. The website also allows you to save and share your Erasmus+ project work for free!
There are two key application deadlines:
- Staff teaching / training / job shadowing abroad application deadline - 5 February 2019 at 11AM UK time.
- School partnerships and pupil exchanges application deadline - 21 March 2019 at 11AM UK time.
We advise you to get started as soon as possible! You can find out more, ask for support and search for a school partner here.
Watch these short films to see how UK schools from all education sectors have supported their Erasmus+ project through eTwinning.