Insight is light and effective using 95 percent less bandwidth than competitive solutions and requiring very little memory. The desktop management and remote control capabilities give IT teams the ability to support and manage more labs without leaving their offices.
For teachers, Faronics Insight allows improved collaboration and communication through features such as sharing their screens and/or audio with students, and assisting students directly via chat and remote control. Teachers can ensure students are working on lessons assigned via the screen monitoring feature. Simple voting and testing to gauge student understanding makes planning lessons and learning pace easier.
Principal features of Faronics Insight 7.7 include:
- Student monitoring – Allows instructors to monitor all student activity from their own workstation
- Distraction elimination – Insight limits access to the Web, applications, printing and drives. Blank screen features allows instructor to quick get students’ attention
- Communications enhanced – Audio, chat and broadcast features facilitate interaction between teachers and students
- Student support – Teachers can control student’s machines, co-browse, and share their monitors with students
- Progress assessment – Insight enables easy voting and testing features to help gauge understanding
- Administration simplified – Allows dynamic class-list importing and ability to send/receive files and assignments
- Multi-platform availability – Insight works on PCs, Macs, Linux, thin clients, iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touch devices
- Tech Console – IT teams can provide remote support and perform network management tasks remotely