Based on modern education principles, AeL is a complete teaching/learning and content management platform meant for educational institutions.
AeL supports the traditional teaching/learning process providing teachers with a modern tool to complement their teaching activities.
AeL offers strong support to the responsible factors in deciding upon, controlling, planning, assisting and making forecasts about the educational process.
The AeL eLearning platform offers support for teaching and learning, for tests and evaluations, for managing and monitoring the entire educational process.
AeL is an optimum solution for:
- synchronized learning - the teacher is incontrol of the lesson; the teacher creates, coordinates and monitors the educational process;
- non-synchronized learning - students can learn at their own pace; suitable for distance learning;
- testing and evaluation – meet the educational institutions’ needs to measure the impact and efficiency of the teaching process offering a unitary education to all students.
The benefits of the AeL platform include:
- support the teaching/learning process by modern information tools, providing teachers with a complementary, flexible and efficient tool;
- monitoring the teaching process and the students’ and teachers’ results, both during the courses and after the completion there of efficient resource planning (teachers, classrooms);
- makes efficient the school resources management;
- facilitates the learning process, increasing receptiveness and the level of knowledge assimilation:
- multisensorial stimulation when presenting information;
- individual exploration / search for information and information operation;
- information exchange and cooperation in solving certain work tasks;
- variety of information sources;
- stimulation of critical thinking;
- purpose-oriented learning.
- stimulates creativity and competence, as well as individual and team work;
- possibility to simulate various actions as substitute teaching materials and tools, which are too expensive or difficult to be provided;
- transition from learning by memorizing to learning by doing;
- fast and controlled access to a large information base.
The integrated AeL platform consists of the following most important elements:
1. Virtual library. Non-synchronized learning.
The system has an electronic library, a genuine information database, aimed to store and organizea high amount of information and teaching materials, which is adaptable, configurable and indexable.
AeL gives the possibility to organize the information in the database, based on hierarchies defined by the system administrator at the level of each education unit.
The library offers its users, even beginners, the following functions:
- controlled access to educational materials;
- systematic consulting or search in large volumes with text and multimedia content;
- content creation and editing;
- import and export of educational content in different formats: PowerPoint, Word, HTML,
- PDF, RTF; photos or films; archives/ directories of resources; formats based on standards such as SCORM and IMS QTI;
- course content organization;
- creation of own lessons from standard content components. The content is structured and adapted depending on the teachers’ needs. The content may be supplemented by additional information: key words, study level, version and author.
Teaching flows are defined for each course, integrating self-evaluation tests or on-line tests like any other type of content. Access rights for each user or group of users can be adapted and applied to any level of the application.
AeL has hierarchical navigation functions, filtering or search by various criteria.
2. Virtual Class. Synchronized learning
AeL is an optimum solution for synchronized learning, offering the teacher the possibility to:
- control the educational content transfer to students;
- control the students’ level of interaction with AeL;
- give and monitor tests;
- communicate with students in discussion forums;
- supervise students’ activity, monitoring, in real time, work screens and on-line reports;
- adapt the course development according to each student’s rhythm and progress;
- obtain various and complex reports regarding the teaching activity.
AeL offers support for the automatic creation of electronic tests, and evaluation assistance, with the following options:
- testing method: fixed or random;
- revision method: with or without revision of already studied issues;
- duration: with or without time limit;
- creation date and version;
- study matters and objectives;
- key words.
Tests and questions are created based on several predefined models:
- single choice/multiple choice/open answers;
- true/false answers;
- matching questions;
- evaluation options;
- elements association;
Questions and answers definition, descriptions and hints, all allow the use of multimedia elements, offering the possibility to edit the content using the HTML editor incorporated in the application.
Teachers have the possibility to set the rating methods, by pointing configuration algorithms.
They also can set the passing grade and test result presentation method.
The system connection is secured by username and unique passwords, each user having an account and a password, defined in the system.
AeL uses the latest security techniques. The application administration is a simple process, modelling the rights/roles per users or groups of users.
AeL allows access to the data available at the level of the entire institution, regardless of size and geographic area.
5. Education institutions administration
Using the education institutions administration module, users have the possibility to manage and monitor information regarding:
- organization structure (by study levels or groups);
- courses and scheduling;
- statistics both related to the teaching process, and to the administrative process facilitating the optimal allocation of internal resources to each institution participating in the educational process.
6. DICTUS – multifunctional dictionary
AeL includes an electronic dictionary integrated with the other modules - DICTUS.
DICTUS module allows quick retrieval of information in huge volume dictionaries, both by exact match search and by approximate (heuristic) search or search by wildcards.
DICTUS module offers an easy-to-use dictionary editor, which allows adding or modifying dictionaries, terms or image association.
7. Collaborative applications module
The communication suite facilitates team work and collaborative projects, transforming the teaching/ learning process in an exciting experience. The collaborative applications module helps students work on common projects, even from different locations.
Due to its advanced communication functions, video conference brings students from remote
regions “face to face” with their teacher, being a genuine and efficient support for students who have to take distance classes or for those who study for exams.
In addition to the audio-video conference, the collaborative applications module offers teachers and students:
- Instant messaging (chat), both at the group level and private talks;
- Presentation of an application running on the teacher’s computer and even students’ access
- to such application;
- Work on common projects (schemes, drawings or complex diagrams).
The collaborative applications module allows recording the entire work session and running it whenever necessary.
SIVECO Romania uses state-of-the-art technologies, specific to Java Enterprise Edition platform and XML.
The content reuse concept is based on XML packaging description formats, with the implementation of the elements necessary for importing and exporting according to MathML, SCORM and IMS standards.
- Purchase Order
AeL is a universal and integrated eLearning solution, offering facilities for the management and presentation of various types of educational content, such as multimedia interactive materials, interactive guides, exercises, simulations, and tests.