In order for you to experience our 3-tier approach to Shakespeare for free, here you can download sections from 4 plays (with 4 sections for The Tempest). Presented as lineart, these documents are quick to download and simple to print. As an added bonus, not only do we offer brief teaching resource books to accompany each play, but we also provide a "No Text" version, featuring empty word balloons that you can fill in.
- Original Text - The full Shakespeare script for the set sections
- Plain Text - The set sections translated into plain English
- Quick Text - With reduced dialogue for rapid, easier reading
- No Text - With empty speech balloons for you to fill in the dialogue
- Teaching Resources - A handful of activities to engage pupils with each text
* Start with the Quick Text version to get a rapid understanding of the set sections. Then progress onto the Plain Text version, and on to the Original Text of Shakespeare.
* Illustrations make it easier to visualise the characters and the events of the play.
* Dialogue is broken down into speech bubbles, making it easier to remember "who-says-what", aiding retention and understanding.
* Use the "No-Text" version for revision - write in the dialogue from memory.
* The illustrations help get the dialogue and action across to disaffected students.
* Resources offer ready-made lesson plans and activities.
* Set sections available in three text versions allow inclusive teaching for a class of mixed abilities Students can start with the Quick Text and work up to the Original Text version.
* Have students colour the pages, or colour-code the speech bubbles.
* Have students write in the dialogue using the No Text version.
* Resources are electronic, so you can display them on a whiteboard for class study.
* Fun for children to study!