Bunbury Banter, a locally based theatre company, is working with schools across West London as part of their ethos of making theatre accessible to all. They make Audio Drama, Theatre amongst many other creative projects.
They have been running Private Drama Tuition at Grey Court School, Ham for over four years now, and are opening up in new schools across London during 2012. If you would like to arrange a meeting with someone to talk you through what we can offer you and your students, please email us and we will get in touch with you.
During each weeks forty-five minute lesson you will work with a professional theatre practitioner on speeches, working towards exams at LAMDA (the oldest drama school in the country).
You will grow in confidence, acting ability, reading and communication skills, all whilst having a great time.
You can also gain UCAS points.
The lessons and examination itself provide candidates with an opportunity to:
• Measure progress against an internationally applied standard
• Build self-confidence and self-esteem
• Receive critical appraisal and guidance for future development
• Refine technical artistry and talent
• Acquire skill certification and receive a record of personal achievement
• Foster an appreciation of literature and drama
• Improve standards in communication through the spoken word
• Provides a framework in which individual talent can grow
This will also be noticeably transferrable to all elements of the students education and life.