Putney High School is one of the UK’s leading schools, with a reputation for providing the challenge of a rich and inspiring education for bright girls aged 4 – 18. Our ethos is one of putting girls first, with academic excellence, wellbeing and opportunity at its heart. We achieve this by:
- Developing a culture of intellectual agility, with girls stretched, challenged and supported by staff keen to nurture the same sense of academic curiosity that they themselves enjoy.
- Creating a warm community, where girls have fun and can take risks, secure in the knowledge they are in a safe environment.
- Offering outstanding opportunity in Art, Design, Drama, Music and Sport. We want girls to get involved, try new things and develop confidence, building leadership and other key skills.
- Inspiring a sense of ambition and adventure.
- Leading in digital innovation.
Whilst the technology for virtual reality has been around since the 1950s, it is only in recent years that it has moved from the realms of the gamer to a mainstream audience and is now knocking at the classroom door. And it’s not just adventurous startups that are exploring the world of VR. Corporate giants can see the value of the technology and are investing heavily in the educational arena. More than a million students (including many at Putney High School) have taken virtual adventures with Google’s VR Pioneer Expeditions programme.