We’ve worked in close partnership with Adobe to make Spark free for teachers and learners in Wales, accessed using Hwb login details and supported by community, curriculum-ready resources and training, making it easy to embed creative and digital learning practices into lesson plans across all subjects.
Hwb users can use Adobe Spark for Education to easily turn ideas into beautiful graphics, web stories, and video presentations, through Spark ‘Post’, ‘Page’ and ‘Video’, developing the digital literacy skills of learners, helping to set them up for future success.
We marked the official launch of Adobe Spark through Hwb with an action-packed day of activity:
- ‘Spark’ creativity with the release of new, bilingual remix templates
- Launch of our brand new Adobe EdEx Cymru page http://edex.adobe.com/wales and http://edex.adobe.com/cymru
- Launch of ‘Adobe Creative Educator’ bilingual lesson plans and resources on Hwb
- Live webinar which took place on the 14th October - view on demand here
The 45-minute webinar is suitable for you if:
- you are brand new to using Adobe Spark 'Post', 'Page' or 'Video’
- you want to see the latest features of the Spark tools
- you need a refresher of how to use the Spark tools
- you are looking for inspiration for using Spark
Adobe Spark was made available earlier in the year to help support teachers and learners during the period of school closures due to lockdown. The Hwb and Adobe team offered online training sessions which were attended live by over 1000 practitioners across Wales, and, to date, have been viewed over 4000 times on demand. You can watch all the sessions on-demand here.
Teachers across Wales can also join the Adobe Community Cymru team which has evolved into a self-sustaining support network of over 1000 educators. The Team is full of answers to questions and inspiration for using Spark in the classroom.
In addition, we supported a group of teachers in Wales to complete the Adobe Creative Educator Level 1 and Level 2 training – becoming the first teachers in the world to earn the badges. The teachers have created lesson plans and resources which we are making available bilingually on the Hwb platform and on the new Adobe EdEx page for Wales - http://edex.adobe.com/wales
The Adobe Edex page features carefully curated content relevant to the needs of teachers in Wales. The Adobe team have translated Adobe Spark for web into Welsh and we are continuing to work with Adobe to provide further bilingual resources.
Looking for more resources to support your teaching and learning? Check out the best education technology resources on our sister platform EdTech Impact.